30.3.14

My Bead Soup from Canada

Yes, Bead Soup time it is! It is the BSBP 8 and it is the 5th time for me.  It is incredible how our hostess Lori Anderson has done this over and over again, for hundreds of beading enthusiasts from all over the world!
My swap partner this year is Nicole Valentine from Canada and both our soups are safely home! Nicole makes such awesome lampwork, make sure to visit her Etsy-shop, too!

Kansainvälisen helmivaihdon lähetykset ovat nyt perillä, sekä minulla että vaihtoparillani Nicolella Kanadassa.  Hän tekee aivan upeita lamppuhelmiä, joita tietenkin oli helmikeitoksessani :-) Myös hopealukko on Nicolen käsialaa.

Isoja helmiä. Paljon silmänruokaa, paljon pohdittavaa! Valmiita koruja esitellään 3.5. ja laitan silloin esille myös osallistujalistan blogi-linkkeineen!


Nicole sent me lovely, lovely lampworkbeads of her own and those colors talk to me :-) Green is my favourite color and well, so is the turquoise blue. One happy person here looking, admiring, cooking...

Creations will be revealed on May 3rd and I'll then have a list of all the participants for the great hopping from blog to blog!



I really like very much the clasp, which has a lampwork cab in it. The clasp was made by Nicole, too.
So, where do I start?


We mailed some lines when we had been "paired" for the swap and I learned that Nicole on one occassion got no soup at all. I thought to surprise her with an extra one.
Here they are.


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful soup, love the clasp indeed and the turquoise beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi hyvänen aika. Aivan ihan soppalautaset molemmilla. Ja mikä ihana ajatus tuo ekstraylläri, olet sie kultainen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hienot ainekset! Tuo saamasi lukko on erityisen inspiroiva... Ja sinun lähettämäsi helmet kärsivät ainakin tässä minun näytölläni värivirheestä. Näin ne parisi laittamassa fb-kuvassa, ja olin taas vakuuttunut, että olet värinero. Ja niin näyttivät olevan ryhmän muutkin jäsenet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voi kiitos, Othel - mulla on aina epäonnea näiden soppakuvien ja niiden korujen kanssa... Harmi, etten pääse näkemään sitä fb-kuvaa, mutta kyllä hänellä blogissaankin oli onneksi mun kuvia paremmat kuvat :-) Yritän tehdä korut ajoissa, että kuvaamisellekin ois sitten aikaa.

      Delete
  4. How lucky Nicole is to have you for a partner, Mags! Both soups you sent Nicole are simply gorgeous, gorgeous. You always just amaze me with your beautiful taste in beads, your brilliant choices in art beads and colorway and style -- not to mention your exquisite, ethereal jewelry art designs -- you are truly a great artist!

    I know the turquoise and lime green lampwork soup will become heavenly in your angelic, gifted hands! You always impress me with your ability to make such diverse, special and beautiful jewelry in many colors and styles of art beads.

    I can't wait to see what you both create!
    xxoo Rita

    ReplyDelete